Sales of 2017 UTME application documents not commenced -- JAMB

Image result for Jamb


The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has urged the public to ignore the guesswork that it had approved the sales of its application documents for 2017 UTME by some persons, according to the board’s Head, Media and Information, Dr Fabian Benjamin, who exposed the falseness in a statement on Sunday in Lagos.


The Registrar of the examination body, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede in a statement has expressed disappointment with the development and calls on innocent Nigerians not to fall prey.

"The public is hereby notified that JAMB has not commenced the sales of its application documents, they are to disregard any website or desperate individuals claiming to be in possession of these documents and offering same for sales.

Image result for Jamb


"We are putting finishing touches to innovation and changes to ease the challenges associated with the procedure of application for the 2017 all Computer-Based Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and we looking forward to announcing the commencement of the sales of these documents very soon."

Oleyede advised all to be interested in what happens in JAMB, feel free to contact the board for clarification on its activities through its website or contact numbers whenever they were in doubt as he announced his willingness to open the board’s door to the public to make valuable contributions and also report any act against the board’s pedigree by either the staff or the board’s development partners.

“Help us to watch over where our eyes cannot get to, hear where our ears fail and be our police where our presence is insufficient,’’ the statement said.

The Registrar had restated the board’s determination to ensure that nobody was spared in sustaining and advancing the credibility of the board, hailed the judgment of the National Industrial Court sustaining the sack of one of its former staff, Cletus Uloko in 2015.

Uloko’s was sacked following acts of misconduct contrary to civil service rule, he was wrongfully in procession of over 120 e-slip of candidates without authorisation and justification. Uloko was queried and on responding, his explanation was not satisfactory to the board, according to statement.

In the statement, Uloko approached the National Industrialist Court to seek for redress, compensation and reinstatement, based on the termination of his appointment.

The statement explained that in a notification of termination of suit made available by the JAMB legal team to the board said: "We, by this letter, hereby notify the board that final judgment had been delivered on the matter on Sept. 27."

It said the letter further said that the court dismissed the claimant’s suit. (NAN)
loading...
Entireweb SEO Service