Woman in China faints after £34,000 bracelet was broken while trying it on

A tourist is reported to have fainted after she accidentally dropped a jade bracelet worth 300,000 yuan (£34,000) in China while trying to put it on.

Unfortunately for the woman who visited jade market in Ruili City, south western China’s Yunnan province on June 27, the jade bracelet slipped out of her hand and it snapped in half after hitting the floor.

Following the smash, footage shows the moment the woman faints upon learning how much the bracelet is worth, when the shop’s owner told her that the bracelet was worth 300,000 yuan (£34,000).

She was reportedly so shocked that she passed out and had to be placed on the ground by family members in order to recover.

Witnesses says, the family offered the seller 70,000 yuan (£8,000) in damages however he refused saying that was not enough for them to break even.

The bracelet was valued by an independent expert to cost around 180,000 yuan (£20,700). The family agreed to pay the owner this sum of money.

Jade is a luxury product in China and is seen to represent good health and a long life.
loading...